Software Testing Strategies
Bài viết liên quan
- Android - Testing LiveData và ViewModel hiệu quả
- Kiểm tra API là gì và cách tốt nhất để kiểm tra API?
- Những lý do các QA xuất phát từ developer frontend như ReactJs hay VueJs nên sử dụng công cụ kiểm thử cypress cho website thay vì selenium.
- Giới thiệu kiểm thử tự động cho E2E acceptance testing
- How to Create a Test Plan (with Example)
Testing is the process of exercising a program with the specific intent of finding errors prior to delivery to the end user.
What Testing Shows
- Requirements Conformance
- An indication of quality
- To perform effective testing, you should conduct effective technical reviews. By doing this, many errors will be eliminated before testing commences.
- Testing begins at the component level and works "outward" toward the integration of the entire computer based system.
- Different testing techniques are appropriate for different software engineering approaches and at different points in time.
- Testing is conducted by the developer of the software and (for large projects) an independent test group.
- Testing and debugging are different activities, but debugging must be accommodated in any testing strategy.
V & V
- Verification refers to the set of tasks that ensure that software correctly implements a specific function.
- Validation refers to a different set of tasks that ensure that the software that has been built is traceable to customer requirements. Boehm [Boe81] states this another way:
- Verification: "Are we building the product right?"
- Validation: "Are we building the right product?"
Who Tests the Software?
- Understands the system but, will test "gently“ and, is driven by "delivery“
- Independent tester
- Must learn about the system, but, will attempt to break it and, is driven by quality
- We begin by ‘testing-in-the-small’ and move toward ‘testing-in-the-large’
- For conventional software
- The module (component) is our initial focus
- Integration of modules follows
- For OO software
- our focus when “testing in the small” changes from an individual module (the conventional view) to an OO class that encompasses attributes and operations and implies communication and collaboration
- Specify product requirements in a quantifiable manner long before testing commences.
- State testing objectives explicitly.
- Understand the users of the software and develop a profile for each user category.
- Develop a testing plan that emphasizes “rapid cycle testing.”
- Build “robust” software that is designed to test itself
- Use effective technical reviews as a filter prior to testing
- Conduct technical reviews to assess the test strategy and test cases themselves.
- Develop a continuous improvement approach for the testing process.
Unit Test Environment
Integration Testing Strategies
Top Down Integration
- Regression testing is the re-execution of some subset of tests that have already been conducted to ensure that changes have not propagated unintended side effects
- Whenever software is corrected, some aspect of the software configuration (the program, its documentation, or the data that support it) is changed.
- Regression testing helps to ensure that changes (due to testing or for other reasons) do not introduce unintended behavior or additional errors.
- Regression testing may be conducted manually, by re- executing a subset of all test cases or using automated capture/playback tools.
Reference: Software Engineering A Practitioner's Approach (7th Ed.) ~ Roger S. Pressman